Before you visit - checklist and templates
- Have you researched the community/s? (visit bushtel.nt.gov.au)
- Have you discussed your possible travel with your regional staff?
- Have you completed a project plan?
- Who are the key stakeholders you need to contact in the community, other organisations?
- Does your regional staff have relationships in the community that would assist you?
- What are your time frames and have you shared them with the stakeholders?
- Are they realistic?
- Have you asked the community that your visit is still possible? (Something may have happened recently which may mean you have to reschedule)
- If driving, have you checked road conditions?
COMMUNICATIONS AND CLOSING THE LOOP
- If you want to meet with the community Local Authority, have you requested this?
- How are you going to keep stakeholders informed during the process and at its conclusion?
- How will you evaluate your performance against your plan and goals?
- Do you consider yourself prepared and ready for remote work?
- Have you identified any gaps in your knowledge and skills and do you need to undertake any training before your visit?
Last updated: 11 Apr 2018